Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roast Stuffed Pork Sirloin

I like to get the rib half of the pork sirloin, the center half is good too, but it has a big flap in it where the shoulder socket used to be...... the rib half is one solid lump you can easily butterfly then roll back up.
First I butterfly the whole sirloin, then I stuff it with apples and bread and salt and pepper and thyme. I roll the whole thing up and score the fat in a criss cross pattern, cutting right through the fat down to the meat, the resulting diamonds look great when it is done..... then I tie it up with butcher's twine.
Season the top with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. The stuffed roast is now ready for the Oven!

350 degrees F for about an hour and a half then start checking the internal temp... looking for 155 F

Pull it out of the oven at 155F and tent with foil, the roast will climb up to 160 F in no time at all.

There it is in all its Glory...... ready to be carved for the table.....!!!!!

I leave the strings on and cut right through them, then pull them off the meat I am going to plate.
Ready to slice!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic........... the finished product !!! Makes great sandwiches the following day as well!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment