Saturday, January 23, 2010

Salmon for Dinner




I went down to the asian store ..... loads of fun things in there...... there is a large fresh fish counter and the salmon was looking really orangy fresh so the only decisioin was.... steaks of fillets..... the steaks won out......

Now I have to decide how to cook them.... pan seared in the griswold or baked in the oven.... either way I am sure it will be great.

I like to keep it simple with butter and a little oil so the butter wont burn... a few slices of onion and chopped garlic ... salt and pepper...... maybe even leave the garlic out if I am not in a garlicy mood...... in the pan or in the oven .. i like it cooked a little wet in the center not totally dried out.....

For a side dish I usually like rice... potatoes are too heavy for salmon.... plain rice with just a bit of seasoning.... and maybe some green stuff.... brocolli or asparagus.......

Lets not forget the wine........ white red whatever I do not stand on tradition.... the white fish red meat rule.....

The following link will take you to my Valentine's Day Grilled Salmon Dinner......... lots of pics there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment